Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March, You're on Notice!!!

Okay, so remember how March 2nd was the Worst Day Ever??? Well, March 2nd is now kinda like the old day of the Oklahoma City Bombing when September 11th rolled around. So now, March 9th is officially the new Worst Day Ever of 2009.

I gotta tell ya, it's been a bad week...and, dare I say it? March Sucks!! NAY, 2009 SUCKS!!!

And I had such high hopes too!

There was a slight reprieve - I managed to find a good home for Kernel yesterday. In fact, all told, I ended up with 9 people offering to take him into their homes. Pet people are nice. If you are a pet lover (or pet freak, like me) you can understand and empathize. In addition to the 9 who called to tell me they would take him, I was surprised by the number of emails and phone calls I received from people who told me that they weren't currently looking for another pet, but if I got down to the wire and hadn't found anyone - they would take him for me.

My husband doesn't know it yet, but this experience has made me determined to foster a pet for a rescue society if/when we return to the States for a longer period of time. PLUS, doesn't that give you extra God-credit?? (Kinda like I think I get when I donate to the church?? Seriously! If you read this blog, you know that I need all the extra credit I can get!!)

Today, I'm still getting calls. Good people. I'm sorry they have to also go through March, 2009.

Well, I wish I had my camera with me...I would document the monstrosity that is my house. (Today I have the camera memory card with me - but no camera. Maybe it is not meant to be??) It looks like my furniture blew up. Pieces of beds and cabinets strewn all over the place. And let me tell you....our bed did not go quietly into the night. I'm not sure how the heck we got it up there in the first place. And when I say "we," I mean the other movers we paid to put it up there.

I really feel sorry for the movers. I hate moving so much, I would probably put a bullet in my head if I had to pack my own stuff. Plus, it's pretty awkward sitting here typing on my laptop while everyone is grunting and sweating around me -- trying to get the king size mattress down the stairs -- However, I brought them donuts! WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT FROM ME!?

By the way, would it be tacky if I asked the movers to fix the downstairs toilet for me?

So tomorrow I am flying off to Michigan yet again to pick up my baby. We will rent a minivan (how humiliating) and drive back to DC the same day. Once again, I will have to face my new arch nemesis: The Ohio Turnpike. I will check the gas, oil, windshield wiper fluid, and tire pressure -- well, technically, I'll probably just check the gas, I can't remember how to do any of those other things. I plan to just speed the whole way - kinda like runnin' the gauntlet! Do what you will Ohio!!

If you don't hear from me again soon, you'll know Ohio got me.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you make it back. You are too darn funny to not make it back.

I'm glad to know Kernel found a(nother) home. He sounds like a great dog.

Unknown said...

Okay, I can totally relate to the chaos of moving but at least you'll have Kernel FOREVER!

I'll ask my friends in Ohio to be on the lookout for ya.