Thursday, January 1, 2009

Introducing The Boys!!!











These are my babies. What makes this post sooooo funny to me is that my husband is cringing right now that I am publicly calling them our babies!! In the interest of fair parenting though, I feel I must give a shout out to little N'Golo whom we sponsor in Mali, I gotta tell you -- these boys frankly spend more time with me. Would it kill you to write me a letter N'GOLO!?
The Rottweiler is Kernel. He is the baby of the family. Jack, aka "Poodies" came with me into the marriage. Poods is going on 11 years old. I rescued him while posted to Peshawar, Pakistan. However, he doesn't know he is Pakistani, so I would appreciate it if you didn't mention it to him....
Jack and Josh have a love-hate relationship. Okay, well, maybe more of just a mutual hate. They are basically each others' arch nemesis... Jack is unsure why I let Josh and Kernel continue to stay in our house, and Josh claims Jack is not a real dog (hence the overcompensation with the purchase of a Rottweiler!!!) Although to be fair, Jack is an old man. He has certainly earned his right to be cranky and lay around. Josh, when you are 77 we'll see how friendly you are.....
Kernel? He loves everyone. Sometimes too much. Please ask Liz if you have any questions about Kernel's loves....he really really loves her!! She left here today with a greater appreciation of her dog, Kona!! (You are welcome Dan!) Sometimes an aloof dog is not the worst thing in the world.
Speaking of Liz: We had a sleepover last night for New Years! (I know, you're all jealous of our big city lifestyle!!) Her hubby, Dan let her come stay with me since Josh is still in Iraq. We watched girlie movies and ate pizza (PLEASE DON'T TELL TINA!!!) However, I gotta get this out! Did you watch Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve?? WHEN DID IT GO SO WRONG!?
Okay, (a) Dick clark just made me uncomfortable. It kinda seems like they were exploiting him!! It was just sad and wrong.
(b) Who is kellie Pickler and why did they let her come to New York?! And while I'm on the subject of country....WHY was the show FILLED with country music, 80s has beens, and disney channel freakshows? They couldn't get anyone else!?!?!; and
(c) Did anyone else notice that NOBODY was there?? they kept claiming that the crowds were huge despite it being bitterly cold....however, when they panned the crowd there were a few huddled there, but then you literally saw a large open street in the back. That's just sad.
Also, I've always been confused by the whole Times Square on New Year's thing...WHY do people want to go there? What on earth is the draw?? if it was the free music, then methinks there are some VERY disappointed people....but here are some key points:
  • There are usually thousands of people standing in the streets. To go, you would have to get there very early and stand around and wait for something to happen!! Key point there being STAND! (Please refer to my laziness posted previously) Why would anyone want to STAND for hours on end in a mass of PEOPLE... And if you are not getting my point with the caps...these are OTHER PEOPLE. People you don't know, and (if its me we're talking about - and let's face it! It's my blog! we're always talking about me and my issues!! Its a fascinating subject!!) I tend to HATE people I don't know. Okay, maybe I don't hate them, but I can guarantee that I do not like them and certainly don't want to stand near them, OR, God Forbid, make conversation with them!! For heaven's sake, I fake some emergency crisis that forces me to search for something in my purse in church during the part where they force you to say "peace be with you" in mass!! I'm certainly not going to make chit chat in a crowd with someone when there is clearly no God points to be earned ...
  • You cannot DRINK in Times Square. Needs no explanation! What is the point; and
  • Where would you go to the Bathroom? I have to give Minoy credit for this one! She pointed out yet another reason for this posting!! Its not like the stores would let you use their restroom. OR, porta potties? PLEASE!! All those other people (whom we already established that we HATED) use those porta-potties! there is NO WAY...plus, can you imagine what kinda STUFF (yucky medical disease sounding stuff) is in there ??

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth after that one.

1 comment:

Michel said...

Dad, testing this for you.